The Joystick Shield sits on top of your Arduino and turns it into a simple controller. Five momentary push buttons (4+ joystick select button) and a two-axis thumb joystick. It has headers for LCDs and RF modules , to communicate and display easily.
- For all version of Arduino Main Board (UNO & Mega 2560)
- Direct plug shield module board, NO soldering needed.
- Five momentary push buttons (4+ joystick select button, just like the PlayStation 3 analog stick push button)
- Two-axis thumb joystick
The push buttons are connected to Arduino digital pins; the relevant pin will be low when a certain button is pressed.
- Joystick Y-Axis movement will produce a proportional analog voltage on analog pin 0.
- Joystick X-Axis movement will produce a analog signal on analog pin 1.