Put a voltage meter anywhere with this very handy display. These are often used for keeping track of batteries but we thought it would be great on a breadboard or enclosure. This is the 3-wire version of the volt meter, two wires are used to power it and the third wire is used for measurement.
Simply connect the red wire to a positive power supply from 2.5 to 30VDC, and black to the common ground to power the display. Finally, connect the orange wire to whatever you want to measure the voltage of. The display has a microcontroller that will read the voltage, compare it to a stable reference and display the voltage with 0.1V precision on a 3-digit 7-segment display. The meter draws 3-4mA to power the microcontroller and display. This particular LED display is a nice vivid RED, which we found very readable. Mounting tabs make this module easy to attach to any box or plate.
- 3-wire access
- No additional power
- Precision automatic adjustment
- Display Color : Red, Green, Blue optional~
- Display : Three 0.28″ LED digital tube
- Refresh rate : About 500mS/ times
- Maximum input : <1.2 times the range
- Accuracy : 1 %(+/- 1 digit)
- Power Supply : DC 2.5-30V (with the input common-line)
- 10V or less: Accurate to 0.01V
- 10V more accurate to 0.1V
- Operating temperature : -10°c-65°
- Size : Approx. 2.3 x 1 x 0.8cm/ 0.9 x 0.39 x 0.3″