Whether you’re an absolute beginner, or a programming pro or looking for a great gift for a tinkerer, this kit will let you start making interactive projects in no time.
The Touch Board Starter Kit has everything you need to get started and turn any surface, object or space into a sensor. In this box, you’ll find a Touch Board, Electric Paint, essential components and everything you need to start creating basic interactive electronic projects.
LEVEL: Super Beginner to Programming Pro
About the Touch Board
One tool, a million possibilities. Create sensors with its 12 electrodes to trigger sounds through its MP3 player. Supported with well-documented code examples for optional programming.
About Electric Paint
Your design and electronics projects are about to change forever. Paint circuits or use as a conductive adhesive on almost anything including paper, plastic, textiles and conventional electronics.
1 x Touch Board
1 x Electric Paint 10ml Tube
1 x Electric Paint 50ml Jar
1 x Guidebook
1 x MicroSD Card
1 x MicroSD Card Reader
1 x Micro USB Cable
1 x Mini Speaker
10 x Alligator Clips (colours vary)
1 x Stencil
1 x Stencil Brush
12 x Sticky Tabs
3 x Velcro Stickers
2 x Paper Cutouts
Bring paper to life. Make an interactive poster using the Touch Board and Electric Paint. Add your own stories and sounds to the images.
Objects As Sensors
Add some personality to your objects. Set up your Touch Board and make the objects around you play recorded reminders, or even your favourite music.
Explore sensors in the built environment. Use the Touch Board and Electric Paint to build a custom alarm. Paint a sensor to detect a sneaky intruder.
Electric Paint Application Notes
Electric Paint Technical Data Sheet
Electric Paint MSDS
Touch Board Technical Data Sheet
Touch Board Workshop Manual
Touch Board Techniques and Inspiration
Touch Board Basic Projects
Touch Board Digital Toolkit
• Dries at room temperature in 10-15 minutes
• Must be fully dry to work
• Easily removable with soap and water
• Seal with acrylic paint or spray varnish
• Can last years if treated properly and kept dry
• Works on: paper, cardboard, wood, plastic, glass, plaster, some rubbers, textiles, etc…
• Touch and Distance Sensing
• Works great with Electric Paint
• Preprogrammed as an MP3 Player
• Easy to program as a MIDI instrument or MIDI interface
• HID capable – turn the Touch Board into a keyboard or mouse
• Arduino-compatible and programmable through the Arduino IDE
• Arduino Leonardo pin layout supporting Arduino shields
Example of the Touch Board Starter Kit used as a workshop tool
Extensive project examples and resources on the MAKE page.
Precautions of use:
Children under 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult whilst using this product. This kit contains small components. Keep out of reach of young children. Please read precautions printed on Electric Paint and Touch Board carefully before use. Bare Conductive takes no responsibility for external circuitry connected to the Touch Board.